Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cinnamon Coffee Creamer


My husband has become obsessed with cinnamon flavored coffee creamer from the dairy section of the grocery store. Since we started shopping at a new store in an effort to reduce our grocery costs we found that the new store doesn't carry his creamer. I was not fond of the idea of driving to a second store to buy just one thing so I asked my husband if he would let me try to make the creamer here at home. He was game so I gave it a try. The results were pretty amazing. According to my husband and his co-workers this creamer "tastes like Christmas in a cup". I don't drink coffee but I can say it does taste pretty good just straight out of the jar on a spoon!

Cinnamon Coffee Creamer

1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2tsp Cinnamon
2 cups milk

Add all ingredients to a mason jar and seal. Shake well. Store in the refrigerator and shake well before use.

I ended up making two jars for my husband. One to leave at work and one for home. He has gotten quite a few questions when he pulls a mason jar out of the fridge to pour in his coffee but once they try it they are sold. I would like to play with the recipe and try vanilla but my husband loves the cinnamon so much he refuses to let me play around with it!

1 comments on "Cinnamon Coffee Creamer"

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of my friend's recipe:

Get out 2 quart-sized jars. Open a can of sweetened condensed milk. Pour half of the can into each jar. Squirt a squirt of Hershey's syrup into each. Now fill each jar up with milk. Stir. Store each jar in the fridge. It's cheap coffee creamer - chocolate flavored. yum!! (I've had it at her house.)

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez