Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cooking day 1


***All recipes are for ONE meal. I tripled each recipe for my 3mth stockpile**

Day 1 cooking! First up on my list is to use up all the raw fresh meat. I don't have a ton of room in my fridge and need to get it all processed and in the freezer quickly.

First up:

Whole Roasted Chicken with Veg

1 whole chicken (giblets removed)
1/2 bottle Italian dressing (since I was doing 3 meals I ended up using a bit more than half a bottle since I didn't want to have to store half a bottle of dressing)
veggies (I used carrots, onions and red peppers)

I chopped all the veggies and added all the ingredients to the bags. I sealed them with my foodsaver and added the pre-made labels. Quick and easy. When ready to cook add to crockpot frozen and cook on high for 9ish hours.

 
 

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

1 pound boneless pork roast
1 bottle barbecue sauce
1/4 cup of soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp of ketchup
1 medium onion, diced
1 package of buns or rolls

I combined all the above ingredients and sealed in my foodsaver bag. To cook add frozen to the crockpot in the morning and cook on high till dinner time (9ish hours).

I also sealed the hamburger buns in my foodsaver bag as well. I used the manual setting to stop the vacuum sealer from squishing the buns.

My Grandmother's Meat Sauce

*Click the title above to get to the recipe*

Since this meal is already fully cooked I put it frozen in my crockpot and cook on low all day till it is warmed through. You could also defrost it on your counter top during the day and warm it at dinner time on the stove top while you are making your spaghetti.

*Remember to buy the spaghetti and store it in your pantry!

Meat Stew

2 lbs Meat (beef, pork, whatever is on sale), cubed *I used Beef*
2 Onions, chopped
5 Carrots, sliced
2 Celery stalks, chopped
2 Red Bell Peppers, chopped
2 tsp Salt
.5 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1 14 oz can Canned Tomatoes
1 can Tomato Sauce
Put all ingredients in a large ziploc bag and freeze. Add frozen to crockpot in the morning and cook on high till dinner time.

Serve with warm cornbread.

There you go. Day 1 done! That is 15/69 meals in the freezer right off the bat!

2 comments on "Cooking day 1"

Martha A. on December 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM said...

How did you fit a whole chicken in the bag? Did you cut it up?

Unknown on December 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM said...

No, I used a foodsaver bag and it fit perfectly :)

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez