Monday, December 10, 2012

Baked Oatmeal


My children and I do NOT like oatmeal. Bleck!  In an effort to get more wholesome whole grains in my kids we tried baked oatmeal a few years ago and it was a major hit! I thought that it was a common thing and everyone knew about it but my mother had never heard of it so I thought I would share the recipe with you all. My secret to get even my husband to eat it? Add a small amount of chocolate chips on top!

Baked Oatmeal

3c Rolled Oats
1c brown sugar
2 tsp sugar
1tsp Baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c milk
2 eggs
1 stick of butter
2 tsp vanilla

Mix all the above and pour into a 9x13 pan. Top with a sprinkle with a small handful of mini chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for  40 min.

I like to make this the night before so it is done and cool by morning when my hungry little people invade the kitchen.

Here is what my three toddlers can do to a 9x13 pan at breakfast time!

0 comments on "Baked Oatmeal"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez