Friday, October 19, 2012

Sweet Chicken with rice and green beans



I found a pin on pinterest for this recipe and thought it was worth a try. I have named it "sweet chicken" since the link in the pin doesn't go to the individual recipe but rather the entire blog. I don't have the time to go through the entire thing to find the authors real name for the recipe so "sweet chicken" it is!

Sweet Chicken
1c pineapple juice
1/2c brown sugar
1/3c soy sauce
2lbs chicken breasts

Cook on low in crockpot 6-8 hours till the chicken falls apart.


Financial breakdown:
Pineapple juice $0.50 (I ended up using half a can of crushed pineapple since that was what I already had in my pantry
Brown sugar $0.25
Soy sauce $0.10
Chicken $2.00 (The chicken was precooked and shredded before being put in my freezer)

Total for the sweet chicken: $2.85

I added some rice and  green beans to make this a meal.

Total for entire meal $4.85

Dinner was really good. My son and husband cleaned their plates! I am not overly in love with pineapple so I was a bit hesitant to try this recipe but it turned out you couldn't really taste the pineapple at all. It mixed in well with the brown sugar and soy sauce and made a not overly sweet topping for the chicken.


0 comments on "Sweet Chicken with rice and green beans"

 

One Mama's Journey Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez